Burkes was established on November 30th 1910 by William Henry Burke. He built the business as a general merchant.
His son, Billy Burke entered the company in 1946. In 1959 he started to trade in second hand tractors and shortly thereafter, in 1963, he was appointed Fordson retail dealer to Irish Road Motors. By 1965 he had become the main dealer for the area for the all new Ford range.
The business has continued to prosper and is now a full franchised New Holland Industrial Dealership along with Agricultural, compact lines & spare parts.
Now, Harry continues to trade as Burkes of Cornascriebe (2014) LTD with the support of his family preparing for the next generation of dedicated service to our customer friends.